Questions about BIRD39 - SPECIFICATION ENHANCEMENT

From: Dileep Divekar <dileep@contec.Apsimtech.COM>
Date: Tue Nov 05 1996 - 17:07:43 PST

I have some questions about BIRD39 - SPECIFICATION ENHANCEMENT.
1)I do not understand the intended use of the Vinh+,Vinh-,
Vinl+ and Vinl- subparameters. Can some one offer more explanation?
2)My understanding was that IBIS is used for analyzing signal
integrity effects for rising and falling EDGES. There is no notion
of a pulse or pulse width anywhere in the specification.
Since there is really no output vs. input information, one can
arbitrarily assume the times at which the output transitions can
start and hence I do not know how the Pulse_high, Pulse_low and
Pulse_time subparameters are to be used.
Thank you for your help.
Dileep
Dileep Divekar
Applied Simulation Technology, Inc.