Re: BIRD 35.2 - MULTI-STAGED OUTPUTS vs. V-t table

From: Dileep Divekar <dileep@contec.Apsimtech.COM>
Date: Wed Nov 06 1996 - 00:17:36 PST

Hi Bob,
Thanks for filling us in on the background.

>I would expect this method to be used with models that
>have [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform] tables to
>better control the individual shapes.

My understanding was that the multi-stage switching specification
was an ALTERNATE and may be a more detailed way of specifying the
waveforms. Your statement seems to imply that the multi-stage
specification is in ADDITION to the waveform specification.
If that is the case, I do not see how one can utilize both
pieces of information and reconstruct a waveform in the simulator
and also I do not see how one can develop a model to isolate
these two effects.

Dileep Divekar