Multi-staged outputs

From: Chris Reid <chris@icx.com>
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 08:57:00 PST

Hello Ibis World,

Well, despite my earlier questions I am now convinced the
multi-staged output bird 35.2 is absolutely required
to model these devices, and that it is an easily implemented
extension for the simulator companies.

The time-dependent change in the impedance characteristics
of a multi-staged driver must be modeled to get realistic
behavior into various loads and to calculate reflections
properly.

I don't think we will find very many independent modeling
companies developing these models because some knowledge of the
structure of these devices is needed to get a good model.
But that's O.K. since Intel (and hopefully other vendors)
will sign up to produce these models for their parts.

Chris Reid