Re: Avoiding Double Counting

From: Jon Powell <jonp@qdt.com>
Date: Thu Nov 21 1996 - 08:58:20 PST

I you do not specify the appropriate VI curves for the clamps then the
device cannot be tri-stated in the simulation.

There are also devices that drive the clamps to different rails (3v
devices do this at times).

There is also the possibility of the high or low clamp being driven when
the device is in the opposite state (low or high). Though unusual, it
could happen.

If none of these things are a concern then you can combine the clamps.

ps: At Quad design, we do not explicitly combine the curves unless the
data is non-monotonic. We do not believe that this is always appropriate
and that is why I was always against the non-monotonic data in the
un-combined waveforms. (though I "gracefully" bowed to public opinion).

Jon