Re: Low and high output level

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 11:00:00 PST

Text item:

Real,

I must disagree with your statement that real parts will not switch to Vcc or
GND. In the CMOS world all it takes is time. Given enough time, the capacitive
inputs will be fully charged or discharged, i.e. the voltage will be Vcc or GND.

You are right if you are talking about bipolar devices, since there is some
amount of current flowing, which will load the output of the driver.

So, before going on, you must answer two questions: Are you simulating with
CMOS models, and how long did you run your simulation?

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

Hi,

  I just started to do some simulations (with SigNoise) using a manufacturer's
model. My design is very simple : a driver connected to 3 receivers
(the part is
an ABT buffer). I noticed that the signal reach a perfect 5v for the rising
waveform and reach a perfect 0v for the falling waveform. This Ibis model came
from a convertion (s2ibis). Is it because the internal input of the
output buffer
has been set to 0 and vcc during the convertion (in the header file).

  No real part will switch to a completly on(vcc) or completly off(0v)
state, so
the shouldn't switch to these levels. How can i deal with that? For those who
already make simulations, have you ever meet this situation?

Thanks,
Real Mongrain Jr.

Text item: External Message Header