Re: Rising Waveform Loading Effects

From: Chris Rokusek <crokusek@qdt.com>
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 15:36:52 PST

Dileep,

There are a few "dimensions" of knowledge not explicity present in the
.ibs model which may be useful to a simulator:

   - Nearly all digital drivers can be catagorized into one
     of a few unique output stages groups whose behavior
     can been studied in depth.

   - Transistors are well defined devices whose behavior
     has been studied for decades.

*** Simulator modeling algorithms are not trivial.

Given DC vi curves for high/low states and predetermined resistively
loaded waveforms as required by simulator, waveform prediction into
arbitrary loads is possible, proven and extremely reliable for
board-level analysis.

-Chris Rokusek
Quad Deisgn Technology