Re: IBIS as the accurate standard.

From: Dileep Divekar <dileep@contec.Apsimtech.COM>
Date: Mon Oct 28 1996 - 22:37:35 PST

Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc. wrote:

> There has been a number of emails of late about how accurate
> the IBIS models. I think some of this discussion really looses
> site of the FACTS.
>
> 1) No model is "accurate" for all uses especially SPICE models.

Where is the FACT in the above statement? It is more like an opinion
and everyone is entitled to have one. I do not see why SPICE
models should be ESPECIALLY less "accurate". Is it possible to
prove the above statement? I agree with the first half of the statement
that no model is accurate for all uses and both ibis and spice models
have that limitation.

I think it is possible to say good things about IBIS without
saying bad things about SPICE. Why should it always be necessary
to defend IBIS by bad mouthing SPICE? Both serve different but
useful purposes.

Dileep Divekar
Applied Simulation Technology, Inc.
2188 Bering Drive