Re: VLSI IBIS Models

From: D. C. Sessions <dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com>
Date: Thu Aug 28 1997 - 15:14:07 PDT

Bob Ross wrote:

> D. C.
>
> It looks like VLSI has taken the IBIS models off of the
> VLSI page. Do you know anything about this?

I managed to chase it down. I'm copying this to the list
because we owe everyone an apology. Here's what happened:

Recently, one of our VIPs noticed that the published library
of modeled parts consisted entirely of out-of-production
devices. (One of the consequences of a rapidly-changing
industry and the takeover of the chipset & PC motherboard
business by a single company.) So, by management decision,
we pulled the chip-level models.

At present, we have device-level IBIS models for all of our
standard cell I/O libraries, and are producing chip-level
IBIS models for customers' chips. We're currently
discussing the best way to publish the standard-cell IBIS
models; one camp is in favor of CD-ROM inclusion along with
the libraries, while another wants to put them on the
corporate WWW page. When there's a decision I'll let you
know.

Once again, I apologize for not notifying the group when we
pulled our model site.
.

--
D. C. Sessions