ibis-to-spice conversion

From: Russell Rapport <russellr@bga.com>
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 08:30:12 PST

My question is very basic. I need to verify signal integrity starting
with vendor-supplied Hspice and IBIS models. I work for a small company
with a limited simulation budget, and I have access to Pspice, Hspice,
and Viewlogic, and normally work in a Windows/NT environment, but I have
access to UNIX workstations. We do not use a board-layout package, and I
usually model a few worst-case situations, rather than importing some
netlist generated by a large CAD system. I have had serious problems with
the Pspice IBIS 1.0-to-spice translator, and I can rarely get a usable
conversion. I would prefer to model everything in one design environment,
but I will do whatever I need to. How do most IBIS "consumers" use the
IBIS files? Is there a reasonable solution for small companies? Please
send me mail directly if you want to tell me about your product, since I
realize competing vendors use this mailing list.