Re: IBIS to SPICE

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 08:28:00 PST

Text item:

Brian,

I would like to send you something, but I don't want to send it to the
reflector. Could you please give me your direct EMAIL address?

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
arpad_muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com
(916) 356-2558

I have been writing a script to convert IBIS files into SPICE files. So =
far it looks doable. I've converted the clamp and the package and =
Ccomp.

I'm not quite certain what the meaning of the pullup and pulldown should =
be with respect to the edge rate specified in the IBIS file. My thought =
was to create a PWL edge out of the edge rates and drive a =
voltage-controlled resistance having the pulldown characteristics with =
that voltage. However, the voltage in the IBIS pulldown table seems to =
be the voltage across the pulldown resistance/conductance? =20

I've read the cookbook and it doesn't answer my question.

Has anyone got any experience or advice on this or can you refer me to =
an IBIS document? I'm pretty sure my question is just a matter of =
understanding the definitions better. =20

Regards,

Brian C. Wadell
Guided Wave Solutions

Text item: External Message Header