Re[2]: IBIS to SPICE

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Wed Jan 15 1997 - 08:19:00 PST

Text item:

Brian,

I would suggest that you drive that VCR with the voltage between the output node
and the ramp node. However, I would suggest not to use VCRs (as I stated to you
in my private EMAIL to you). A Thevenin or Norton circuit with voltage
controlled current or voltage source (and some tricks) will work better.

Arpad

John,

Thank you for replying. I have defined the voltage controlled resistors =
AOK in the manner you have described. Maybe it is a simple point I am =
stuck on. What voltage should I drive the voltage controlled resistor =
control line with? =20

My first thought was to drive it with a ramp having the rise time =
specified in the IBIS file. But then when I think about it a bit more I =
think that the voltage controlled resistor is also controlled by the =
voltage from VCC (or ground for the pulldown R) to the output voltage =
(Ccomp node). The table of (V, I) leads me to this question because of =
the range of voltages shown (2*Vcc, I think) which doesn't seem relevant =
for an internally generated ramp. =20

I'm certain this is just a matter of my own lack of understanding of the =
IBIS model. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

BCW
Guided Wave Solutions