the range of the voltage.

From: Vincent Chang <vchang@memh.ti.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 1997 - 13:59:29 PDT

Hi all,

Sorry, I did not make myself very clearly in the last message.

Let's try again.

The first question is Why should we
do simulation from -Vcc to 2Vcc if we have diodes for
clamping the output to Vcc and Gnd ? Is it not true that on
an actual PCB, even if the voltage at any pin tends to go
higher than Vcc (due to L-C effects etc.), the clamping
diodes will allow it to go only till Vcc+Vf, where Vf is the
forward voltage of the clamping diode? Basically that's
what the diodes are for.

The second question is,
Can I use the voltage range from -Vcc to 1/2Vcc for Gnd Clamp?
Is QC check going to fail on that voltage range?

--
Best Regards,
			Vincent Chang

*  Vincent Chang                         TI MSG ID: hui8              *
*  Design Automation                     mailto:vchang@memh.ti.com    *
*  Memory Products Design                http://www.memh.ti.com/~mcad *
*  Texas Instruments Inc. MS 657         Phone: (281) 274-3167        *
*  PO Box 1443, Houston, TX 77251        Fax:   (281) 274-2067        *