Re: The voltage range

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 1997 - 14:50:54 PDT

At 12:56 PM 7/3/97 -0500, Vincent Chang wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a question on the range of the voltage for Power and
>Gnd clamps. The question is why do we need such wide range.

One reason to have the wide range is to insure that the simulators
all extend the operating range in the same manor. Some simulators extend
the range linearly which will clearly be in correct as the device
characteristics
always bend over some where. Some simulators clip the data at the last point
to allow a saturation like effect to be modeled which will be incorrect if
the device
actually has extended data. Some simulators may even attempt
some type of curve fit. To insure the same response in this abnormal range
with
all simulators IBIS requires the data to be extended thus allowing the model
developer to insure how the abnormal operating conditions are handled.

Have a great day...
Kellee Crisafulli at HyperLynx Inc.
kellee@hyperlynx.com http://www.hyperlynx.com