Re: What is SSTL?

From: John V Fitzpatrick <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 04:35:12 PDT

Hello all,

Danwei's mail made me think about how to describe inputs of
technologies like SSTL and GTL in IBIS.

These technologies have "differential" inputs,
in the sense that there is a common reference input that can be
set externally.

In IBIS 3.0, it will be possible to specify the input thresholds
for typ/min/max voltages. But there is no way of specifying
an external voltage reference.

Is there a need to extend IBIS to model SSTL inputs better?
It is very likely the SSTL (or similar technos, eg Rambus)
will become commonplace in memory systems.

Just a thought,
John

--
John Fitzpatrick   <John.Fitzpatrick@ln.cit.alcatel.fr>
Alcatel Telecom, 4 rue de Broglie, 22304 Lannion, France