Re: examples needed for IBIS V3.1

From: Joe Cahill <jjcahill@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 07:50:05 PDT

Either examples or the cookbook are a very fine idea. I have been lurking here
for years, building models (not IBIS) and timing our systems for much longer,
and I am not easily intimidated. But I know that my first IBIS model will be a
very difficult task, and probably quite sloppy if I tackle it just with the
knowledge I can gain from the specification.

I have been awaiting the cookbook before I attempt my first 'trial' or
'experimental' models. Money for tools is very tight here, money for
engineering time is even tighter. Getting over the steep learning curve quickly
would allow us to consider much more intelligently using IBIS models (and
IBIS-based tools) as a base for our system timing tasks.

Joe