AW: AW: IBIS to HSPICE converter

From: Unger Bernhard <Bernhard.Unger@erlm.siemens.de>
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 09:17:03 PDT

You have asked for more informations about the IBIS to HSPICE converter.
Here they are:
The converter itself consists on some linked unix shell scripts.
Starting the converter you have to name the IBIS file, the pin number you
want to generate the HSPICE behavioral model and the name of the
generated behavioral model. If there are more than one rising/falling
waveforms the converter asks you, which of them you want to select. After
finishing the conversion a first HSPLOT window opens showing you a
comparison of the static output characteristics of transistor and behavioral
level based simulations. Going on a second HSPLOT window opens
showing the comparison of the dynamic output characteristics.

Presently the converter can not handle ECL and Open Collector outputs.
But I see no principle problems to implement these features. The behavioral
model itself is a parametrisized model. That means, there is no input. Pulse
width, period, delay, initial state and in case of bidirectional pins enable
active/inactive are controlled by .PARAM statements.

Regards,

Bernhard

# Dr. Bernhard Unger
# Siemens AG
# Dept. ANL A45 AM
# Otto-Hahn-Ring 6 Tel. +49-89-636-47404
# D-81730 Munich Fax. +49-89-636-44595
# Germany E-Mail Bernhard.Unger@erlm.siemens.de