Question on Ramp

From: Unger Bernhard <Bernhard.Unger@erlm.siemens.de>
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 14:38:36 PDT

Syed,

you wrote s2ibis2 will add 50Ohms pullup to calculate
dV/dt_f and 50Ohms pulldown to calculate dV/dt_r values.
Looking in the [RAMP] specification of 2.1 IBIS spec. there
is only a definition for a R_load sub-parameter but not for a
termination voltage. The subparameter is optional if the preferred
50Ohms load is used.
Is it obvious that the ramp values given in an IBIS model are valid
for the following conditions:

dV/dt_f: R_load pullup to VCC ?

dV/dt_r: R_load pulldown to GND ?

Regards,

Bernhard

# Dr. Bernhard Unger
# Siemens AG
# Dept. ANL A45 AM
# Otto-Hahn-Ring 6 Tel. +49-89-636-47404
# D-81730 Munich Fax. +49-89-636-44595
# Germany E-Mail Bernhard.Unger@erlm.siemens.de