Series elements in Bird 36.2

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 1997 - 08:55:13 PST

Hello fellow IBISains:

   There has been a request to modify Bird36.2 (the
electrical board description) so that the [Path
Description] supports a descrete series element.
I started looking at the problem this weekend and quickly
realized that the existing syntax is able to support a descrete
series element without modification. This is accomplished
by placing two 'Node' sub-parameters back to back, each calling
out a pin of the two terminal device. For an example, see
below:

[Path Description] Series_example
Pin 5 | start
Len = 2.2 L=0.5n C=2.0p / | section description
Node R7.1 | pin 1 of series resistor
Node R7.2 | pin 2 of series resistor
Len = 0.3 L=0.5n C=2.0p / | section description
Node U27.3 | end

  Please note that a parallel terminations to power or ground
can be described using the 'terminator' type model of IBIS V2.2.

  I will be updating the bird to include the above example (along
with some editorial comments) shortly.

  Thanks again for the comments.

                 Regards,
                 Stephen Peters