s2ibis2

From: <chu@rock.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 14:18:30 PST

Hi Everyone: I encountered some difficulties in using
the latest release of the s2ibis2 Spice to IBIS
conversion program from NCSU, s2ibis2 Version2 (The
latest available downloaded from the IBIS web site. I am
using a DEC Alpha workstation and I had to recompile to
get the correct executable). The program went into
execution, completed all the required .spi jobs and all
the .out jobs looked ok. However, when it tried to
write the .ibs file, it gave me a '9798 floating
exception' error and quit. It did not gerenate the .ibs
file at all (got an empty file). The 9798 number in not
a constant, it changes to a new number everytime I rerun
the program. There are no other error
messages and I don't know where to look for the source
of the error. I rerun the identical files using the
older version of s2ibis2 (v0.91BETA) and it went through
ok. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions
anyone may have to help me resolve the problem.

Thnak you
Jeff Chu
Digital Equipment corp.
77 Reed road