Question on BIRD42.1 intent

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 08:35:46 PDT

Hello All:

   I've been following the discussion on
including the power and ground current 'waveforms'
in the IBIS file, and I have a question. I
thought (based on the original phone discussion
at the last IBIS teleconference) that the purpose
of including the power and ground current info
was to make it eaiser to model the turnon/turnoff
charactoristics of a driver -- NOT to enable better
ground bounce simulations (although I realize that
this info does help). What, exactly, is the intent
of including this info? Should the bird include
some words stating that the power supply waveforms
may not give a complete picture of ground bounce?
Should it not say anything? Just wondering.....

            Regards,
            Stephen Peters
            Intel Corp.