Re: BIRD 45.1 -- Dynamic clamps

From: Paul Gregory <pgregory@hpbs2933.boi.hp.com>
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 07:10:24 PST

It seems to me that the values for V_trigger, V_trigger_min, and V_trigger_max
ought to be in the three column format the same as other typ, min, max data.
This is the convention used for other such data and to introduce a new convention
without a clear reason for it would lead to confusion.

Thus,

| Subparameters: V_trigger, V_trigger_min, V_trigger_max

| Usage Rules: The [Dynamic GND Clamp] and [Dynamic PWR Clamp] specifications
| contain three subparameters and two keywords. The subparameters
| (V_trigger, V_trigger_min, V_trigger_max) specify the threshold
| clamp voltage value that causes the clamp to begin switching
| from "off" to "on" according to the [Pulse Table] section.
| These values correspond to the typical, weak (slow), and strong
| (fast) situations.

[Dynamic GND Clamp]

V_trigger = 1.4V
V_trigger_min = 1.2V
V_trigger_max = 1.6V

Would change to

| Subparameters: V_trigger

| Usage Rules: The [Dynamic GND Clamp] and [Dynamic PWR Clamp] specifications
| contain one subparameter and two keywords. The subparameter
| (V_trigger) specifies the threshold
| clamp voltage value that causes the clamp to begin switching
| from "off" to "on" according to the [Pulse Table] section.
| These values correspond to the typical, weak (slow), and strong
| (fast) situations.

[Dynamic GND Clamp]
| typ min max
V_trigger 1.4V 1.2V 1.6V

--
 -- Paul Gregory
   phone: (208) 396-5086               USmail: Hewlett-Packard