questions on ibis

From: Schneider Walter <schwa1@fh-landshut.de>
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:02:15 PDT

Hello!

After creating some ibis-modells and simulating with them, I have
now some questions:

1) Does anyone know, what voltage step (u/i-tables) is normally used?
   I had the problem that by taking a step of 0.1V some oscillations
   occured when simulating a transmission line. By increasing the
   step up to 0.5V these oscillations disappeared.
   What can be the reason for this?

2) The ibis-specification defines what voltages, temperatures and
   process parameters have to be used for simulating worst/best case
   conditions only for TTL- and CMOS-technologies?
   What should be used for ABT (advanced BICMOS technology) or
   BCT (BICMOS technology)?

3) By creating the u/i-tables from actual silicon measurements
   the voltage sweep (-VCC ... +2VCC) must be reduced.
   To cover the recommended region the specification says to make
   an extrapolation.
   Has anyone ever made such an extrapolation and compared the
   simulation results with an ibis-modell without the extrapolation
   (i.e. reduced u/i-tables) ?

I hope I hear from you soon!

Thank you very much!

email: schwa1@fh-landshut.de