Re: BIRD 42.3

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 17:51:31 PDT

DC:

I have been considering your response for quite a while.
Here are some of my comments:

(1) You have provided an interesting demonstration
case where a two-waveform based IBIS model may be needed.

If you terminate the load to Vcc, then there will be
no difference in theory. However, if you terminate the
output to some other voltage, you will see a difference.

(2) It is also interesting that you pose the problem
in terms of conductance variations (which could
be implied by the IBIS architecture.) It could
have been presented in terms of resistance
variations. However, there would be an implied
difference. Pulldown one, for example goes
linearly from 0 to 20 mS conductance. If it
were expressed as resistance, it would go
non-linearly from infinite to 100 ohms to 50 ohms
resistance.

(3) I understand that there are other real world
effects that can enter into the bounce analysis
that may not show up in the IBIS model processing.
I would still think that a delta current could
still be used for some of these effects that
are caused just by the device switching itself.

Bob Ross
Inteconnectix