Re: Re[2]: BIRD 42.3

From: C. Kumar <cpk@cadence.com>
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 04:43:57 PDT

Arpad:

This is very important and should be added. This is the same reason I believe Dileep of Contec was saying about the multiple way of interpolating v-t curves. The problem is that even though you can provide many v-t tables there is no single unique mathematical solution. While IBIS on the one hand gives the notion of a black box. it certainly is not when it comes to v-t curves where it is subject to severe qualifying assumptions.

IBIS spec does not specify clearly the reason for the 4 v-t (not 10 or 100) curves.
It should abd the qualifying assumptions should be put on the table unambiguousely.

You can have problems with this assumption. Does the crow bar current assumption applies to ECL?

Thanx for clarification

- kumar