Re: Testing the V3.0 IBIS golden parser.

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 05:51:35 PDT

Kellee and IBIS Committee:

Thank you for your suggestion. Any test case with Version 3.0
extensions are welcome. Stephen Peters is collecting some samples as
part of the Cookbook update project. So I would suggest sending
them to Stephen.

Also in response to your suggestion and to elaborate regarding
ibischk issues in general, I have these points:

(1) I have created a new eda.org/pub/samples subdirectory with
areas for ver1.1, ver2.1, and ver3.1 samples. I seeded the ver3.0
directory with a cbt.ibs sample for a Series Switch part. It
contains a disclaimer that it has not been checked with the
ibischk3 parser (which is to be developed.)

(2) Matthew Flora of Hyperlynx has submitted through the ibischk-bug@eda.org
reflector BUGS 9 through 13 on ibischk2, etc. They will be discussed
at the next meeting. They are located at eda.org/pub/ibis/bugs.

(3) Matthew also compiled a 32 bit version of ibischk2+ for DOS systems.
The executable is located under eda.org/pub/ibis/ibschk2+/dos32.

(4) Finally, Stephen and I plan to extend the Version 2.1 Test Matrix
used to define the functional elements of the standard to Version 3.0
functionality. This will also be used to define the tested features of
ibischk3.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix