Re: Correlating IBIS models with actual Silicon measurements

From: Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com>
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 18:10:16 PDT

Amlan,

>From item#1, we have always used a TDR approach to measuring C_comp. In this
case, we use the Tektronix 11801B with the IPA510(Interconnect Parametric Analyzer).

The reflection profile you get from launcing a fast incident wave into
the device can be analyzed using the IPA which uses a DSP algorithm to
ret rid of multiple reflections. The IPA software allows you to get the
Z, L, C and td of the package pin. The C value will include the package as
well as the die pad. Then you need to take out the pkg number(usually available
from the pkg vendor)to get the effective C_comp for IBIS.

I have found this method to be accurate.

Regards,
Syed Huq
National Semiconductor Corp.