Minimum or Maximum package for SI Worst Case simulation?

From: John Lin - TAO <LinJohn@digital.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 17:28:15 PDT

Dear SI experts,

When doing the worst case simulation of signal integrated for a design,
how shall I use the IBIS models? Here, the worst case means the maximum
amount for overshoot, undershoot and ringback.

I know that I shall use the IBIS models with Max V-I table and Minimum
C_comp.

I am not sure if use minimum package(R,L,C) or maximum package(R,L,C)
information.

One article says the minimum package information shall be used to do the
worst case analysis. (the article is on
http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/intel.htm
<http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/intel.htm> )

Can somebody explain why?