RE: non-monotonicity

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 08:02:00 PDT

I have also seen such I-V curves, but I would question whether these are
"static" behavior. Such curves happen mostly with bipolar devices and with
those the output current may have an effect on the internal currents of the
device causing it to switch or do similar unpredictable things. Also, in
some
cases the device maybe in the breakdown mode at higher voltages/currents.

All I am trying to say is that these may not necessarily be DC I-V curves of
static circuit, or circuit element even though one may think so. In order
decide, one would need to know more about the part in question and its I-V
curve.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
==

I believe transient time covers AC characteristic of the protection device.
 The phenomenon I have seen is a DC characteristic, those that one would
typically see on a curve tracer.

Tom Dagostino