Re: Characterization Conditions

From: <gedlund@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 05:43:36 PST

Rob,

In the case of a classic GTL driver (which uses feedback), you may also
want to sweep the resistance to Vtt (Rterm) over its effective operational
range. Then compare behavioral simulation waveforms against SPICE
waveforms and see how close you can get. I found that the simulator I was
using wasn't able to track SPICE very well. I've been told that multiple
VT tables for different values for Rterm is one approach to solving the
"GTL feedback behavioral modeling problem," but I've never actually heard
the circuit theory behind this.

I guess all I'm saying is run some SPICE vs. behavioral correlation and
"model developer beware..."

Greg Edlund
Advisory Engineer, Critical Net Analysis
IBM
3650 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
gedlund@us.ibm.com