[Q] IBIS Model generation

From: SEC Semiconductor <ygkim@semigw.semi.samsung.co.kr>
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 15:19:11 PST

Dear who it may concern:

Please allow me to introduce myself and work field.
I have been working on the circuit simulation and modeling area
and right now in charge of setting up IBIS model in our company.

We have two questions for generation method of IBIS modeling.
Please let me know any comments or recommendations for following:

1. Pullup/Pulldown I/V characteristics
   Which method is more reasonable between A and B method?

  A approach:
    S2ibis2 from NCSU uses only one netlist file for simulation.
    For example, there are four elements, pullup and pulldown tr.,
    power and ground clamp, in ouput type buffer.
    When S2ibis2 simulates a defined buffer netlist for pulldown
    I/V characteristics, it controls only gate bias of pullup tr.
    and pulldown tr..
    So, it is consist of pullup I/V characteristics and pulldown tr.
    characteristics as ground clamp, and vice versa.

  B approach:
    We can get the pullup characteristics without pulldown tr.
    and ground clamp. Also we can get the pulldown characteristics
    vice versa.
    In result, there is only pullup I/V characteristics consisted
    of pullup tr. and power clamp.

2. Is there a convert program(commercial and public domain) from IBIS
   model to HSPICE(or spice) format.
   If you know the program, please let me know it.

Sincerely.
Kwon, Tae-Jin