JEDEC meets IBIS

From: D. C. Sessions <dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 14:51:11 PST

Thumbnail meeting report:

Yesterday I attended the quarterly JEDEC JC-16 meeting.
JC-16 is the group responsible for JEDEC signalling
standards such as SSTL, HSTL, etc. Among other things
announced was the establishment of JC-16B, a working
group chartered with modelling and testing issues.

Some smartmouth in the back of the room pointed out
that the JC-16 membership was rich in semiconductor
manufacturers and system houses but totally lacking
in EDA companies, which might be a slight handicap
when addressing modelling and test issues. To the
surprise of no one, said impulsive individual got
the appropriate reward: assignment as liason to the
EIA IBIS committee, which apparently has a complementary
membership and is posessed of much-needed expertise.

Note that the CC: on this message is to one Gil Russell,
whose misfortune is to chair JC-16B. This could be
the start of a VERY profitable collaboration.

Item on the table: JC-16 meets quarterly along with a
slew of other JEDEC committees. We (IBIS) should
consider moving our winter face-to-face meeting to
colocate with their December meeting. Some mightily
interesting results could come of that.

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com