Re: JEDEC meets IBIS

From: D. C. Sessions <dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 16:42:34 PST

Bob Ross wrote:

> D. C.:
>
> Can we discuss this at the next IBIS meeting on March 13?

Yup.

> I think we can do IBIS Models for these technologies.

No doubt about it, we can do MODELS for the technologies.

The interesting thing is that we can influence the process
of GENERATING the standards in the first place. One of the
reasons that JC-16B was formed is that some standards in
the past were created with built-into-the-foundations
signal integrity flaws. Part of the JC-16B charter is to
improve the process and characterization of signalling
standards.

Personally, I'd hope to have IBIS become the syntax for
characterizing signalling standards in the first place.
We wouldn't HAVE to model SSTL-1.8, for instance, since
the standard itself would contain an IBIS model envelope
for compliant devices.

--
D. C. Sessions
dc.sessions@tempe.vlsi.com