what is dut? a question to ibis gurus

From: Nikolai Bannov <nikolai@avanticorp.com>
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 17:31:15 PST

Hi Ibis Gurus,

Could anybody expalain me what is X_dut.

What standard says about ..._dut

| _________ |
| | DUT | L_dut R_dut | L_fixture R_fixture
| | die |---@@@@@--/\/\/\--o-----|--@@@@---o---/\/\/\----- V_fixture
| |_________| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| C_dut === | === C_fixture
| | | |
| | | |
| GND | GND
|
| NOTE: The use of L_dut, R_dut, and C_dut is strongly
| discouraged in developing Waveform data from simulation
| models. Some simulators may ignore these parameters because
| they may introduce numerical time constant artifacts.

| All tables assume that the die capacitance is included.
| Potential numerical problems associated with processing the
| data using the effective C_comp for effective die capacitance
| may be handled differently among simulators.
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, is it correct that

--- 1 --- if
L_dut, R_dut, and C_dut are not given, --- then
R_pkg, C_pkg, and L_pkg should be assumed included in place of
L_dut, R_dut, and C_dut

--- 2 --- if
L_dut, R_dut, and C_dut are given, --- then
R_pkg, C_pkg, and L_pkg should be ignored
(and not included in DUT die) in the figuere above

--- 3 ---
C_comp should be ALWAYS added to the circuit
(it is a part of DUT die)

--- 4 ---
finally, what "dut" stands for ? (acronim, abbreviation, ibis inventor?)

why "use of L_dut, R_dut, and C_dut is strongly discouraged" ?

Thank you very much

Nik

nikolai@avanticorp.com