Re: FW: FW: Spice Model of IBIS

From: Scott McMorrow <scottmc@teleport.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 10:02:22 PST

Jon,

Well said! I agree, let's use the right tools for the job.
All are appropriate within specific contexts. And lets not
forget the comfort factor. Once one becomes familiar with
a specific tool that does a given job, it is hard to overcome
the inertia and change to a tool that might be different, if
not better.

You're right. If the pcb tolerance is +/- 10% and the part process
tolerance is +/- 30%, simulator differences are generally
inconsequential.

I and my customers value my time. For my time, I generally choose
a tool based upon ease of use, speed, and accuracy. In that order.

Scott McMorrow
SiQual