Re: Can't do T-LINE?

From: Bob Ross <bobr@emicx.mentorg.com>
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 19:03:38 PDT

Chris:

The L, C, and R parameters are given as CORRESPONDING per unit length values.
These are multiplied by Len to produce the total distributed values for the
exact length of T-line that you want.

Whenever Len is not equal to zero, the section is interpreted as
a distributed section (not a lumped section).

The T-line relationships still hold:

   Zo = sqrt(L/C)
   TD = Len * sqrt(LC)

So the electrical information is available for a T-line of whatever length
you want.

Best Regards,
Bob Ross
Interconnectix/Mentor Graphics