RE: True or False?

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 08:48:00 PDT

I would vote for FALSE, because I could see them being used together in a
situation where you have a differential pair going into the chip and come
out on
two other pins though a series model. For example, let's make

    pin2 = diff_in+
    pin3 = diff_in-
    pin4 = diff_out+
    pin5 = diff_out-

where the ins and outs are "shorted" with metal.

In this case the [Diff Pin] keyword would associate pins 2-3 and pins 4-5 as

differencial, but the [Series Pin Mapping] keyword would connect pins 2-4
and
pins 3-5. Since the series models ignore the C_comp, the only way I can
enter
the die capacitance into this picture is if I use the Terminator model on
each
pin with nothing but C_comp in it.

This is how I can see the series and terminator models used together with
differencial pins.

Arpad
====

Chris:

I vote for True.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix/Mentor Graphics

> Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:15:07 -0700
> From: Chris Rokusek <crokusek@viewlogic.com>
> To: ibis@eda.org
> Subject: True or False?

> Ibisians,

> I have a Quiz, True or False:

> The models of pins referenced by a [Diff Pin] keyword may NOT be of any
> of the following:

> Terminator,
> Series,
> Series_switch.

> Chris

> I think the spec implicitly says TRUE...

==