Re: True or False?

From: Chris Rokusek <crokusek@viewlogic.com>
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 10:42:21 PDT

Arpad,

I wonder if this is what it feels like to be an attourney?...

> In my opinion then, it would be perfectly legal (even if it makes no sense)
> to have two pins in the pin list defined as "NC" while defining them as
> differential pairs in the [Diff Pin] section.

"EVEN IT MAKES NO SENSE" -- Abusing the spec in a insensible manner
promotes confusion and indicates that the spec should be revised to
either:

      A) eliminate the insensible use

          - don't use [Diff Pin] to assign a vdiff to a pair
            of "non-sensing" (excuse the pun) terminators.

      B) make the use sensible

          - Allow [Series Mapping] to be applied to a receiver
            as well as a terminator.

I don't think you should release a model that makes no sense even if
it's debatably "legal."

Chris