[Model Spec] discussion (positioning)

From: Stephen Peters <sjpeters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 09:38:43 PDT

Hello All:

   At the teleconference meeting today, there was an issue regarding if
the [Model Spec] keyword is position dependent, and if the parser is
in error. I took a look at the current wip spec (ver3_2g.ibs) and found
the following statement:

| Usage Rules: [Model Spec] must follow all other subparameters under the
| [Model] keyword.

To me, this pretty clearly states that the [Model Spec] *is* position
dependent. If the parser also enforces this then for all practical purposes there is no issue -- it's an error to put the [Model Spec] any place other
than directly after the [Model] keyword.

  If we don't want a position dependent keyword then that is a separate
issue.

   Regards,
   Stephen Peters
   Intel Corp.