Re: SPICE-To-IBIS Version 3 (S2IBIS3) Proposal Now Available For Review

From: Kim Helliwell <khelliwe@acuson.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 16:34:51 PST

micohen@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to announce the SPICE-To-IBIS Version 3 (S2IBIS3) Project
> Proposal to everyone who was not present at the last IBIS Open Forum
> Meeting held last Friday, November 26, 1999. The proposal can be found on
> the IBIS Home Page:
> http://www.eia.org/eig/ibis/ibis.htm
> or directly at:
> http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/s2ibis3/
>
> Please review the "s2ibis3_PR_1_00.txt" document; if you have any comments,
> please post them on this reflector to help stimulate discussions.
>
> Again, let me thank everyone who participated on the subcommittee; your
> hard work is much appreciated! The members of this subcommittee are:
> Michael Cohen (Chairperson) IBM Personal Systems Group
> Syed Huq Cisco Systems
> Christian Klein (Secretary) Fairchild Semiconductors
> Mike LaBonte Cadence Design Systems
> Arpad Muranyi Intel Corporation
> Bob Ross Mentor Graphics
> Mohamed Nasef Mentor Graphics
> Jerry Hayes IBM
> Sherif Hammad Mentor Graphics
>
> Regards,
> Michael Cohen
> Chairperson, SPICE To IBIS Subcommittee

Regarding paragraph 3.6.2 concerning incremental changes:

It's not clear whether the iterate feature is the default, or whether
it's even controllable by the user. At least, my (admittedly small) use
of S2IBIS2 so far suggests that the only way to override the iterate
feature is to rm all the generated files.

I'd like (if it's not already part of the spec, and it doesn't appear to
be) a simple command-line flag or some other simple mechanism to select
iterate or not, as the user chooses. There really are some times when
incremental changes are *NOT* wanted, and I don't think I should have
to rm the files in order to force a full regeneration of a model.

--
Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer