RE: 100-points limit discussion

From: Haller, Robert <Robert.Haller@compaq.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:35:17 PDT

Folks,
        I have been following this discussion and will reiterate my opinion
(given in the most recent IBIS open forum). We have both an internal IBIS
format and internal tool that originally had a 100 point IV curve limit
(just like IBIS). I found it necessary to increase the number of points in
order to accurately model technologies which use high current and are
terminated (small changes in V can translate into big changes in I). I found
insufficient points in the IV curve caused DC level problems and AC
transient inaccuracies. We increased our internal limit to 1000 points which
resulted in significant improvement in model accuracy and sufficient
headroom so we don't have to visit this again.

my $0.02
Bob

Robert J. Haller
Compaq Computer Corporation