Re: BIRD 58

From: Bob Ross <bob_ross@mentorg.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 18:05:08 PST

Mike:

Thank you for your input. You have some valid points regarding
allowing C_comp to be distributed. This will work for creating
driver models as the summation of individual drivers. The
problem is that if the top-level model is an I/O model, we
would normally not put in a C_comp value = 0. Then in the
Input mode, we would have to add up all of the C_comps in
the lower level models to come up with the effective C_comp.

This is a possible workable solution that does not require
any Specification syntax change - just a few more words of
interpretation. It would also support moving all of the
C_comp to the top-level for another method of building a
behavioral buffer by construction.

We will have to consider this.

Bob Ross
Mentor Graphics