IPA 510 software

From: <jaydiep@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 13:45:40 PST

Dear IBIS gurus,

I just read the minutes of the summit held on 3/26, and there was no
mention of the above subject. I recall that the discussion was tabled at a
(several?) previous meeting(s), but there are those of us out here for
which the IPA 510 software would be of great benefit even without any
support (though some minimal documentation would obviously be useful). I
would like to request that the subject again be brought to the table and
resolved if possible, so those of us in the user community might have the
benefit of its use. I won't pretend to understand all the legal
ramifications of the IBIS Forum "owning" the distribution of the software,
but it would seem that if it's understood that the software is distributed
"as is," there would not be any liability nor any implied burden to support
or upgrade it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jay Diepenbrock

Senior Engineer
Interconnect Technology & Qualification
IBM Global Procurement, B8UA/061, RTP, NC
Phone: 919-543-8804 Fax: 919-543-3642
Email: jaydiep@us.ibm.com