IBIS connector specification released to open forum

From: Kellee Crisafulli <kellee@hyperlynx.com>
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 13:46:37 PST

Hi IBIS fans,

  The IBIS connector sub-group today completed work
on the final draft of the connector specification V0.92.

I forwarded the specification along with a changes document
to Syed to have it placed on the IBIS web site.

  Please accept this email as the official notification from
the connector sub-group to the IBIS open forum that we are
releasing the connector specification to you.

 I chose not to send the entire specification to the whole
IBIS group as it is around 1600 lines long. It should be
available to the general public as soon as Syed can get it
put on the web site.

NOTICE: This is not a released specification! This version is
the release from the sub-group to the full group.

What remains to be done:

1) Full open forum must comment and changes if any included
   in the document.
2) It must be voted on and approved by the open forum.
3) A Golden parser must be written to insure that models developed
   have no syntax errors. Along with this development the existing
   golden example models provided by the connector sub group must be
   improved to comply with the current specification.
4) Existing connector model creation and simulation methods should
   be enhanced to support the new IBIS connector format.
   This might effect connector manufacturers as well as CAE tool suppliers.

This is the end of a nearly 2 year project for the people involved.
I know many of you will not be 100% happy with
the result but please don't forget that we are a large group and
must forge a result that is acceptable to the majority.
Also consider that this specification is long over due and it is the
2nd attempt by the IBIS group to create a connector specification.
So please be gentle in your criticism ....

Please direct your comments to the normal IBIS reflector
both Gus and I will be watching for your questions
and will do our best to answer them.

best wishes...
Kellee Crisafulli, PADS software/Hyperlynx
Gus Panella, Mollex

Members of the IBIS connector sub-group and others that have
assisted with developing with this specification.
   Eric Bogatin, Ansoft/Bogatin Enterprises
   Steve Chau, AMP
   Kellee Crisafulli, PADS software/HyperLynx
   John Ellis, Berg
   Mark Gailus, Teradyne
   Fran Hart, Dell
   Bob Haller, Compaq
   Jay Diepenbrock, IBM
   Mikhail Khusid, Teradyne
   Igor Kochikov, PADS software/HyperLynx
   Gus Panella, Mollex Inc.
   Katie Rothstein, Teradyne
   Guy de Burgh, Viewlogic Systems
   Jeff Walden, AMP/Foxconn
   Fabrizio Zanella, EMC corp

Have a great day....
Kellee Crisafulli
HyperLynx, a division of Pads Software Inc.
SI,EMC,X-talk and IBIS tools for the Windows platform
E-mail: <mailto:kellee@hyperlynx.com>
web:   <http://www.hyperlynx.com>