Frequency Dependent and Lossy ... more on Conductance

From: <apanella@molex.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 23:32:42 PST

Oooppsss I forgot one thing

<SNIP>
2. Conductance matrix: At this time a conductance matrix as such is not built
in to the specification. I think that when this effect comes into play (I do
not have supporting data, but my guess that conductance becomes significant at
frequencies greater 8 GHz. ....at least in devices as short as connectors) that
the "s-parameter" solution would be the best solution to correctly implement
dielectric loss effects.
<SNIP>

The specification does allow off-diagonals to be present in the resistance
matrix.... Although not a real "conductance matrix".... it may help.

_gus: 630-969-4617
apanella@molex.com