Re: sweeping range...

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 16:28:57 PST

Hi,

At the end of your .spi file, you may see some statements like below:

VOUTS2I out 0 DC 0
VCCS2I vdd 0 DC 3
VGNDS2I gnd 0 DC 0
VINS2I in 0 DC 3.3
.TEMP 27
.OPTIONS INGOLD=2
.DC VOUTS2I -3 6 0.1 <---- Edit this line
.PRINT DC I(VOUTS2I)
.END

The above .DC statement is sweeping from -3V to +6V in 0.1V increment.
You should be editing the .spi file that *failed* the DC convergence.

Just to make sure it works with the new sweep range you define, you could
run spice standalone on this spi file. Something like this:

% hspice putout.spi > mynewfile.out

Regards,
Syed
Cisco Systems, Inc