Re: [Series MOSFET] keyword

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 06:08:50 PDT

Vds, the drain-to-source voltage, is indeed the voltage between the
the 2 pins of a [Series MOSFET] model. IBIS leaves the gate up to the
simulator - there is no third pin defined for it. In some simulators
(at least SPECCTRAQuest) you can wire the gate to any voltage source
you want.

I like to test series switch models using a gate voltage source that
turns on and off at a frequency that is different from the clock
frequency of the signal passing through the switch. This way you can
study how far in advance the signal must stop changing before it is
safe to switch. You can also inject noise into the gate voltage to
see how much of it appears on the signal.

Mike LaBonte
Cadence Design Systems