Re: IBIS BIRD63.2 Comments/Questions

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 21:42:48 PST

BIRD 63.2 covers a way to document the input signal conditions under
which a receiver's data book setup and hold timings are specified. But I
do not see sufficient discussion concerning how an analysis tool is
expected to use this information.

For example, if a particular simulation shows an input signal that
differs radically from the conditions under which Tsetup and Thold are
specified, are we supposed to somehow compensate? If there were multiple
values of Tsetup and Thold each with a specification of input
conditions, then the analysis tool could adjust the Tsetup and Thold
values based on the input conditions seen.

If this BIRD somehow ties to BIRD 61.1, then this should be stated.
Maybe I will understand it once I read all of these new BIRDs.

Mike