Image files

From: <apanella@molex.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 05:16:48 PST

As stated:
   While the Connector Committee debated this point, I am wondering
   if the image files could just be "recommended" as .jpg or .txt formats.
   The statement "may be either" must be changed to "must be either"
   or else "is recommended to be either". New formats might emerge.

From a model suppliers perspective.... I think that this is OK. However,
would that potentially make it real difficult for the simulator vendors? The
simulator vendor will then need to support many different type.... what ever
type the model supplier wants to supply. I am not sure that this is fair....???

_gus
apanella@molex.com
630-527-4617
r, DOES NOT relieve the specification from being incomplete or
confusing or inconsistent. I would like to think that since the swath is such a
new concept, that extra extra extra extra care is need when reviewing the swath
related keywords... I think initially some things may seem inconsistent.. but
in reality.. in the fine print... do at least attempt to cover the bases.

SIDE NOTE:
To me the "casual end user" should NOT need to worry about the details of this
model. That should be the responsibility of the people making the models. As
such, the casual end user probably should not adjust the model as supplied from
the manufacturer. (i.e. add a swath where one was not provided... this could be
VERY dangerous if you do not know how the model was created!!!)

If there is something wrong with the models implementation... shame on the model
creator. Being a model creator, I should be the one to blame and should fix it
ASAP!!

---- See you at DesignConn... By the way, some presentation time was set aside
for the IBIS Connector Specification Presentation. If you would like, send me
an email with what you would like to know more about with regards to IBISCnn...
and I could try to incorporate some slides into the presentation.

_gus
apanella@molex.com
630-527-4617