Re: 4. Item 12) in syntax rules.... inconsistencies??

From: Mike LaBonte <mikelabonte@cadence.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:33:49 PST

Reasons for having limits:

1) Tool vendors can stress test the tools for certain compliance
   with the specification.
2) It becomes easier to state how much memory is required to use
   the tool, given compliant files.

That said, a reasonable limit is usually a value that seems
ridiculously high at the time. For example, no PC will ever
need more than 640KB of memory, right?

Mike