Re[2]: Connector spec swathing

From: <apanella@molex.com>
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 09:27:43 PDT

So then, the recommendation would be to have the IBIS Connector Model
Specification _explicitly_ state how each simulator will implement the expansion
from the keywords and parameters already given in the specification.

If the recommendation is acceptable (it is for me)... Would it be acceptable by
the simulator companies? If not.. is there a different option?

In the discussion of this topic in the subcommittee, I got the impression that
the expansion method of matrices was somewhat seen as a proprietary technology.
As such, I wanted to build in enough keywords and usage rules that would allow
me to assign values that would _lessen_ the likelihood of incorrect simulator
implementation (assuming of course that I correctly defined the model, swath
size, and related keywords...)

I will take this up at our next IBIS Connector Model subcommittee
teleconference.

_gus: 630-527-4617